Plus Size Fashion Tips- Wardrobe Essentials
Build up your wardrobe with the basics
- Pants A flat-front, bootleg-cut pant in dressy khaki, dark denim or classic black.
- Shirt a classic button down white shirt.
- The Little Black Dress a sheath dress or A-line if you are bottom-heavy
Try:Black Dresses 10-32W at Kiyonna
- Sweater Try A cashmere twinset in your favorite colors.
- T-shirts in colors black and white
- The Skirt straight if you are petite or top-heavy; A-line if you are heavier around the hips/thighs; bias if you have a boyish figure.
- Trench Coat
- The classic pump
- The Bag -- a casual tote or structured top-handle bag
- Gold Hoop Earrings
Try: affordable on trend handbags and accessories
Sonsi- Plus size shopping mall, clothing and accessories
Fall / Winter
- A solid black pantsuit is the most flattering (head-to-toe monochromatic color) and the most classic. Look for a fabric with drape -- nothing too stiff or shiny -- preferably in wool (or wool with some stretch for comfort).
- A mock turtleneck is a good option if you don't like the bulk of a true turtleneck (it's the same height, only the fabric doesn't fold back over).
- A great tailored jacket -- fitted to show off feminine curves, not a baggy masculine style -- will pair with everything from work trousers to jeans.
- The neutral coat -- especially in a camel color -- is an enduring fall classic because it has so many possibilities.
- Knee-high boots make great sense for fall because they let you get more wear out of everything from skinny jeans to miniskirts.
Try-Wide Widths- Wide Calf Boots
Shown- Super Wide Calf/width Over-the-Knee
- Printed tops- Try:
- Cotton polo
- Cotton blouse
- Cotton button-up cardigan
- Lightweight waterproof raincoat
- Capri pants
Visit our Shopping Directory for more plus size stores
Shop woman within sizes 12w-44w for Wardrobe Essential